Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hospice


I woke up early this morning again. I guess my medication is finally kicking in. I seem to be getting back to my normal sleep pattern. I love Sundays. Everything is so peaceful and quiet around here.
This afternoon at 3pm, Hospice is holding a group memorial service for all those that passed this year. My mother ask me to go with her. She is still having a rough time about losing her father in July. I still cry myself occasionally, but I think I'm coping a bit better with the grief. I've lost so many people in my life, maybe I'm getting use to it, if that's possible.
My parents went to the Hospice auction this past week. They are huge supporters. My mother actually retired from Hospice. I use to volunteer, but haven't in a while. It's a great organization. Yesterday when I saw my mother, her arm was terribly bruised. It looked horrible. Seems she fell over something at the auction. I asked was she okay. She said, "Yeah, I'm getting use to falling." She was on some sort of medication that made her wobbly. I think she has since stopped it. She even had the tile guy redo parts of the kitchen floor because she was afraid she would trip and break a bone. That is something I worry about. That's what started it all with my Grandfather; a broken hip. He didn't last but 6 months after that. I don't want that to happen to my parents.
Maybe going will help my Mother with some of her grief.

2 comments:

rptrcub said...

I hope she can find some comfort this afternoon. And you, too.

larry said...

my mother was ill this past summer,nearly died.she takes a blood thinner and has bruising. i know what you are talking about...

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet