Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Buddy


Let me tell you about my best friend in the world. He is quiet the character. He is a very handsome animal and smart too. I got Izzy when he was 9 months old from a breeeder. He is a German Short hair Pointer. A bird dog basically. He loves to be running around outside. At home, if I'm here, I take him out maybe 15 times a day for a stroll around the trailer. We make 3 or 4 laps and he is ready to come back inside. He is always on a leash with me. I live to close to the highway and he doesn't always listen when he is called. Now when I take him to my parents, he runs free and plays with their little dog. They have more land and are further from the highway. After about 20 minutes or so, he is ready to go. He will run a fast as he can all over the place. I love to watch his ears flop and his tongue laying out the side of his mouth. Just too cute. When my new camera arrives, I hope to get some pictures up.
At home he lays close to me most of the time. Or he will chill out on the sofa while I'm at the computer. When I watch DVDs, he'll lay beside. I'll rub him for hours. He won't move unless I get up. He will even rotate from side to side or over on his back to make sure I rub everywhere.
He also sleeps in the bed, under the covers with me. He puts his head toward the foot of the bed, uses my feet for pillows and butts his but up against me. I use to wonder how he didn't suffocate, but he doesn't seem any worse for wear. Now if we take a nap on the bed together, he will lay beside me on one side or the other, with his head on the pillow. He rarely wakes me up when he moves around. He makes a great bed warmer.
He is just over 4 years old. In great health. Fun to be around. Now that he isn't a puppy any longer, he rarely tears up anything in the house. He lets me know if he really has to go outside for his business. He has the most beautiful gold eyes and a spotted coat that is beautiful. Surprisingly, for a large dog that weights over 70 pounds, he is quite timid around strangers, especially if they try to pet him. He runs toward me. He does warm up after a while but is still cautious. Loud noises scare him whether inside or out. He has the cutest face and sweetest disposition. I love my dog. He's my buddy. I don't know what I would do without him. My life would be so empty. I would be devastated if something were to happen to him. He is my life.

2 comments:

rptrcub said...

I love dogs. Unfortunately my life is so busy it would be unfair to the pup to have him by himself at home all day.

I have a cat instead, but he's more like a dog. My shadow. A cuddler.

TigerYogiji said...

He is a cutie! :0

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet