Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hospice Memorial


My mother and I went to the Hospice Memorial this afternoon. It honors all those who have passed during the year. My mother cried a little. Surprisingly, I didn't. It was thankfully brief, but a pleasant thing to do to ease the loss. We all sang ''Shall we gather at the river". That was a nice touch. The Chaplin for Hospice spoke and said a prayer.Then we all recited the Lord's Prayer together. I was happy I remembered all the words. They called out the names of the deceased and lite candles for each one. The refreshments were a little sparse, but not bad. It reminded me of when I accompanied my mother to a cancer survivors service at the Presbyterian Hospital many years ago. Overall, it was a somber experience. It reminded me of just how many people in my life they have taken care of in their final moments on this earth. So far 6, and sadly there will be more I'm sure. Hospice is a great organization. I'm proud my parents are so involved with them.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I concur; hospice is a marvelous institution. I hope I am fortunate enough to experience it.

Dream Weaver Hit Counter
Hughes Net Satellite Internet